Marriage is supposed to be fun! If you've fallen into a rut and forgotten that, it is time to find fun activities you and your spouse can enjoy together.
It doesn't have to be that way. You can easily recapture the fun of your dating days by finding activities that you and your spouse can enjoy together.
Take an interest in your spouse's activities
Men, you like to eat, don't you? Offer to plan a gourmet dinner you could cook together. You can choose a meal full of your favorites, or maybe you'll want to try something unusual and different.
My husband enjoys watching MMA, otherwise known as Ultimate Fighting. I started watching with him. I learned some of the athletes' histories, which made them more interesting to me. I discovered that it isn't as brutal a sport as it first appears, and there is a lot of strategy involved. I really enjoy going out to dinner at a sports bar and watching the fights. It has become a fun way to spend time together.
Invite your spouse to try something you enjoy
Ladies, your husband might not be content to sit quietly by your side and knit, but I'm sure there are a lot of other things that you do that will entertain him. Share your interests in literature, music and movies.
I'm an avid book lover. My husband will read many of the books I've recommended. We discuss it after he has finished, so it is kind of like our own personal book club.
He, on the other hand, loves discovering the latest, coolest bands. He shares with me the newest CDs that have come out, and we watch music videos together. We also enjoy going out to concerts.
Men, do you like playing video games? Invite your wife to join you. Many video games are multi-player and easy to pick up. Some games are more wife-friendly than others. Choose one that has role playing, encourage her to create a sexy character and flirt while you quest together.
Learn something new together
It's time to get out of that rut and try something new. Lifestyle Updated points out that learning something new can boost your self-esteem and give you a sense of accomplishment and pride. More importantly, perhaps, US News reports that trying new and challenging activities with your spouse can boost the brain chemical dopamine, which helps fuel sex drive.
Here are some ideas for hobbies you can do as a couple.
- Arts and crafts. Take an art class together. Learn ceramics, photography or woodworking.
- Outdoors. Go camping or hiking. Try spelunking, which is exploring caves. Learn how to canoe. If you live near the beach, try surfing, snorkeling or scuba diving.
- Sports. Join a bowling league. Ride bicycles together. Take a dance class together or go line dancing. Learn to ride horses. Try racquet sports like tennis or racquetball. Learn an unusual sport like archery or sailing.
- Culture. Visit art galleries or museums. Go to a comedy club. Watch a play or ballet. Go to a concert together.
- Collecting. Visit auctions and collect antiques. Go to car shows. Collect coins, comic books or sports memorabilia. Visit a flea market for unusual finds. See if you can repurpose and flip your items to make a profit.
- Go extreme. If you have a real taste for adventure, try a more extreme hobby like rafting, skydiving or rock climbing. Play a game of paintball or laser tag. Buy or rent a couple of ATVs and go off-roading.
Marriage is supposed to be fun! If you've fallen into a rut and forgotten that, then it's time to try something new and rekindle your spirit of adventure.
Original Article: familyshare.com